Sender:
From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:48:03 -0500
An article from the local newspaper here in Ottawa.
I guess this could be classified as funny if it wasn't such a serious issue http://tinyurl.com/y2674x  Canadian coins with transmitters embedded in them.
What has this got to do with records and information management?  I am looking at it from a privacy perspective.  Our cars have electronic boxes in them which record how fast we were going, average speed, braking and lots of other information.  I have heard of products we buy that have tracking devices embedded in them that track where the product travels to, so companies know where their customers come from.  Has anyone else come across something interesting like this?  Does this concern you at all?
John Gervais
613-946-0245
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The opinions expressed in this post are personal and do not represent that of my employers.