Sender:
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:50:55 -0800
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/12/07, Jones, Virginia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I find myself
> increasingly offended when accosted by this type of sales approach.
> I've been in the business 40 years, am a CRM, and believe I'm a fairly
> competent records manager.  When a sales person obviously new to the
> industry (you can tell by their inability to use or understand
> appropriate terminology) continues to regurgitate the same inaccurate
> drivel no matter what question I ask, I simply turn off any potential
> contact or business with that company.

I had a 20 minute discussion with a vendor rep this week about why I needed
his services to perform information destruction for my organization, who
went as far as to tell me that there were firms already performing
destruction of my information offsite and I simply wasn't aware of it.  =)
Not only was he wrong about that, but he was wrong about trying to convince
me of it...

The offer of a free lunch at a restaurant of my choice on any of three days
he was going to be in my area didn't help either.

When vendors reach a point of desperation to attempt to make a sale, it's
time to give up.

Larry
--
Larry Medina