Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:57:45 -0800
Sender:
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/22/07, Smith, Richard E. (STL) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would like to get a new thread going.
>
> If you were asked what five things you would want employees to know
> about Records Management what would they be?
>
> This should be a simple enough question to answer ... or is it?

Yeah, well it should be, but it depends on how large your organization is,
how heavily regulated you are, and how strongly your RM Program is
supported/funded.

1) What your organization's definition of a record is
2) That Records Management is EVERY employee's responsibility
3) Where to find your RM Policy and Retention Schedule
4) Where to get assistance interpreting the application of both of the above
5) That "I wasn't aware" isn't a viable excuse, at ANY level

I'll stop there.

Larry
--
Larry Medina