Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:59:49 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/23/07, John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Equipment costs.  If you have a microfilm reader, you will need to
> maintain it. The cost of doing so over time will be much greater than
> the proportional costs of maintaining a working computer (ie, you will
> be using the computer for other tasks when you are not accessing the
> documents)

I'll have to disagree with the above. I don't believe that a microfilm
reader's maintenance costs are that high, unless it is a reader
printer. then yes that could be a possibility. Maintenance involves
cleaning the platens occasionally and replacing burned out bulbs.

as for computer maintenance let us not forget the downtime involved
with doing backups as well as defragging the harddrives
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va