Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:56:48 -0500
From:
Robert Soutar <[log in to unmask]>

From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peter Kurilecz
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Per Page Cost Of Microfilm vs. CD-ROM

--
I must disagree with what Peter indicated.  Just having a microfilm reader to clean an change bulbs is not the only maintenance cost.  There is the cost of the space it takes, the fact that, that space could be used for other things.  With document imaging, the documents can be viewed on a number of PC that are already there and used for other things.  With a microfilm reader, Users must go to one place to view documents.  This will inevitably result in the need for more that one microfilm reader, and more maintenance costs.  There is an additional cost to an organization to have someone conduct this extra maintenance tasks.  Someone has to do it.  When assessing any program, you must look at Total Cost, not just part of it.

Regards,
Robert Soutar
Manager, Information and Records Management
Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
Phone: (613) 947-0662; e-mail: [log in to unmask]

This message is intended for the addressee only. Any other distribution, copying, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please advise the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from your system without making a copy. Thank you.

Le présent message n'est adressé qu'au destinataire indiqué. Toute diffusion, reproduction ou divulgation est strictement interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez en informer immédiatement l'expéditeur par renvoi du message et supprimer celui-ci de votre système, sans le reproduire d'aucune façon. Merci de votre collaboration.