Sender:
From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:42:44 -0800
Brian, my experience with unit pricing comparisons is they are often
like comparing apples and oranges. Folks that try to insist apples and
oranges are apples and apples are trying to frame the conversation in
their terms in such a way that their objectives will be met. The best
response is to ensure that you are truly comparing similar items. In my
opinion, that is not what is happening in the scenario you cite.
Therefore, there is no meaningful "right" answer. My suggestion would be
that you consider changing the conversation, more along the lines of the
total cost of ownership advice that Peter provided.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)
1620 S.E. 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Phone: (503)988-3741