Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:50:04 +1100
From:
Glenn Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
For me it's mostly practicality. Where I worked until very recently, the
firewalls stopped a significant proportion of RECMGMT postings  because good
records managers are pretty hopeless at doing good subject lines, and
because, I was eventually advised, the ufl.edu domain is a known source of
spam (?). Also we had Lotus Notes as an email system (shudder) and the rules
component proved unreliable if not downright flaky, so my attempts at
sorting all my email into folders came to naught.

Plus I have from time to time been known to post messages which my employer
might prefer not to be associated with even if they agree with them, so for
me, a Gmail account (thanks Peter) is a simple way of separating my
professional and work lives, filtering listserv messages, and avoiding
firewalls trapping things. And it means I can listserv at nights and
weekends even when I'm not at work!

I see my listserv activity as an essential part of my work, by keeping my
knowledge up to date, and occasionally honing my debating skills. So right
now I'm listserving at work but via a browser to Gmail rather than from my
work email.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders MRMA
listservs: [log in to unmask]
work: [log in to unmask]
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any
previous or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked
and they'd agreed, I would have signed it "Harry Peck and Co and
Glenn". Or whatever. But I haven't, so I didn't.