Sender:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:22:56 -0700
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Two quick points regarding Larry's response:
1. Flash drive memory does degrade after repeated write cycles, resulting in
slower performance over time. Most mid-range ones are rated in the hundreds
of thousands of write cycles.
2. When I bought my 40GB mini-hard disk, it was $99 a year ago. I just saw a
$60 for $55 before rebates this weekend. I have to go get some tax forms,
but while I'm there I'll check and report pricing back. I have purchased 2
GB flash drives for the local AIIM chapter for $35. And for those of you
going to ARMA Houston in April this year, I may have a l'il something
flash-related at the IMERGE booth.

Now, off to the store.

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermm, ecms
IMERGE Consulting
Yahoo! IM: jessewilkins8511
(303) 574-1455 office
(303) 484-4142 fax
Looking for the latest education on electronic records, email, and imaging?
Visit http://www.imergeconsult.com/schedule2.html for a current schedule of
courses.