Sender:
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:52:44 +1100
Subject:
From:
John Dowling <[log in to unmask]>
Hmmm Read both Terra's and Doug's reply and both contain sound,
intelligent statements (the former in the Moreq document), but I wonder
if John G's problem is more complicated.

I have used such language to try and educate "the  great unwashed" to
establish such differences but find I am up against the ambiguous use
of the language - a file is that "thing" on the computer in a
particular drive under a folder, the file in the  RM system is that
folder "thing", ...what document oh you mean that 'file' - that is my
spreadsheet file...there are 100,000 records (data entries) in this
database...that is not a document that's a photo..

Now perhaps it as,  as my mother would say, 'softly softly catchee
monkey'. I am reading a book at the moment called "How to Become a
Change Master" by Philip Atkinson and one the suggestions in this book
is to 'Sell the sizzle not the Sausage' - learn from sales people when
trying to sell your message and use the Elevator Speech (60 second
vision) approach.

So my question is the Moreq definition identified by Terra and Doug's
short statement selling the sizzle or the sausage?

Are there any sales people out there that could help?

Regards

John D