Sender:
From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:17:21 -0500
I don't know if anybody is as fed up with acronyms as I am.  Two sent to me this week were emsg and wiifm (e-mail message and what's in it for me).  Why can't people just say what they want to say, instead of writing this way?  Instant and text messaging has only encouraged the younger generation to write this way.  Sometimes I can't understand half of people's messages.  I guess I am showing my age. However, from a records management perspective, if we were to retrieve many of these records years from now, from archives, would we be able to read and understand the context of the message?  Records provide evidentiary value and should be contextual and make sense.  Cheers.

John Gervais
613-946-0245
mailto:[log in to unmask]

The opinions expressed in this post are personal and do not represent that of my employers.