Sender:
From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:25:11 -0500
Hi Gus, we are evaluating enterprise workflow software as well. I agree
that workflow software alone will not solve the need for a database to
manage your physical deposit.  It will provide for efficient process
management (requests, receipts, etc.) but will not provide you with any
way to capture or manage metadata about your collection.  The info
collected and routed via the workflow product has to have somewhere to
land and live!

In my scenario, we are looking at workflow as a user friendly front end
for our accounting and matter management database.  Currently we have
manual forms which require data entry into the database.  Workflow will
automate the process and provide for single-keying of data, but will not
alleviate the need for the database itself.

Good luck with your report!
Julie