Sender:
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:24:44 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 2/9/07, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I do think this is an important discussion to have as the number of
> credentials requested continues to grow and broaden (PMP, CDIA+, CA, the
> AIIM certificates which will eventually become certifications, etc.).

very interesting. are you saying the AIIM is setting up there
certificates become eventually a certification similar to the ICRM?

as far as I can see the credentials being requested are not as broad
as one would think . i see positions advertising for the PMP and not
others, or the CA (certified archivist) and not a CRM.

>There
> should be some mechanism for candidates to understand the benefit to
> themselves;

its called due diligence on their part.

> I don't see how it could be taken as disrespect if there is a
> disconnect between the CRM and increased responsibilities and salary levels
> - indeed, *if* that is the case, it's something that needs to be addressed
> sooner than later in order for the CRM to remain relevant.

well from my personal experience the CRM has resulted in increased
responsibilities and compensation levels over a 25 year career. Since
achieving the designation in 1988 every position that I have applied
for has stated either CRM required or preferred. I think others can
say the same thing.

the designation is not an end state, but  it is the beginning of a
long journey dedicated to learning more and acquiring new skills. When
i explain to people what it takes to achieve the designation let alone
qualify for it they are amazed.

I seriously doubt that the designation will become irrelevant not when
you seen special seminars being run for candidates, and the number of
applicants increasing

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va