Sender:
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:46:27 -0600
PMP Numbers v. CRM Numbers?

I'd have to agree with Peter on this one..... I'm not sure that there's any connection between the number of PMPs that exist and the number of CRMs.   Peter is quite correct that they do things that are quite different.

Now, if one were to ask me if more of "us" should seek the PMP status, I'd say.... Yes, without a doubt!  If I could find time within my schedule to tackle the PMP program, I'd do it.

Now on to a few additional points:

*
	Has the demand for CRMs increased?  Yes..... Does the CRM have some distance to go in order to obtain a higher level of recognition among executives in both public and private sectors?  Yes......
*
	Should there be more CRMs?  Yes....
*
	How can we encourage there to be more CRMs?  - I'm sure that's a great question, and something worthy of more effort and discussion.  Jesse, if you have any concrete ideas that would help us find ways to encourage more individuals to see the CRM status, I'd be interested in hearing them.
*
	Should those of us here flog ourselves because there are not more CRMs?  Hardly..... This thread seems to be a bit like asking "whose fault is it that there are not more CRMs?".... a rather wasted question and effort.

Now, if this thread is to continue in a way that is somewhat more positive..... Let me ask the following question:  What can the 2,000+ of us here do in order to (1) increase the number of professionally certified Records Managers, and (2) how can we best work to elevate their status within public and private sector organizations?

Doug Allen