Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:34:58 -0600
From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
>>Note that below for example in the 21+ category the no-CRMs are ahead
in salary<<

I think there may be a couple of reasons for this.  Part of it could be
that folks like me don't move as often.  I know some CRM's that have
been in the same job since before dirt.  The other could be their
market.  Another group of CRM's I am familiar with don't have many
options without making a major relocation. Finally, comparisons based on
salary alone are somewhat misleading.  There can be significant
differences in salary from different parts of the country.

For example, there is a position in Reno, NV on the ICRM career link.
The position prefers a CRM or CRM candidate.  Median salary is $50000.
I used the salary calculator on Moving.com to find the following
comparisons of what the equivalent purchasing power would be at a number
of other locations where I have seen CRM positions posted recently:
 - Chicago, IL		$51,064
 - Bismarck, ND		$26,596
 - San Ramon, CA		$95,213
 - Washington, DC		$64,894
 - Houston, TX		$31,915
 - Philadelphia, PA	$44,149
 - New York, NY		$219,681
 - Boise, ID		$35,638
 - Denver, CO		$57,979
 - Phoenix, AZ		$37,234
 - Los Angeles, CA	$77,128
 - San Francisco, CA	$110,638

As you can see, value of compensation is highly influenced by location.
A couple of folks in the Midwest or in New York can really skew the
results.

The bottom line is this, a position in Bismarck, ND paying $60,533
annually will give you the same standard of living that a position in
NY, NY paying $500,000 will provide.  Add a quality of life that is
unmatched anywhere and there is no comparison.

>>Send me any thoughts and observations you may have.<<

If you have time, I would like to see the survey normalize salaries
based on location.  The results might be very interesting.

Bill Roach,  CRM
Manager, Corporate Records
MoneyGram International
1550 Utica Ave. So.