Sender:
From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:29:57 -0500
<<So why doesn't the CRM have even 1% of the PMP's numbers>>

My two cents ... Because the PMP course of study has a much broader
application than the CRM.  A person certified as a PMP can run projects
regardless of industry, topic, etc. (or at least is supposed to be able
to).  The PMBOK is not relegated to the narrow(er) constraints of the
CRM which focuses on a particular topic - records and info mgmt.

If a CRM is also a PMP, I would expect that any records-related projects
they run are done so in accordance with the PMBOK and he/she may
potentially also act as a SME/Team member.  If the CRM were to be asked
to run a, say, Marketing project, I would equally assume they would run
it in accordance with the PMBOK, he/she however would have less ability
to act as a SME during the course of the project due to their lack of
specific Marketing expertise.

To me, the PMP and CRM are apples and oranges ... And when put together
are a great foundation to a fantastic fruit salad!

Happy Day Before Friday!
Julie