Sender:
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:16:22 -0500
From:
"Cheryl L. Rose" <[log in to unmask]>
We have benefited by having our own software to check against the
vendor's list, which we request occasionally. There have been
discrepancies that we were able to clear up (boxes we expected to be
there but were not and vice versa). The vendor list is definitely
lacking as they automated and placed inconsistent descriptions into new
fields for reporting. We didn't worry about the correcting their
inaccuracies since we have better descriptions in our software. We use
Interwoven Records Manager as a stand-alone application to track our
active folder circulation and off-site records using barcodes. It's
worked well for us.