Sender:
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:50:48 -0500
From:
"Ellis, Marian P." <[log in to unmask]>
A new question for the list---

I am trying to do some benchmarking on electronic signatures, in
particular, developing retention schedules around items necessary to
prove their authenticity.  I am assuming that we should retain
identification credentials for as long as the longest retention period
for the record being e-signed. Have any of you established schedules for
e-sig credentials?  If so, can you share what e-sig credentials you
identified as being necessary to retain, and how long you are retaining
them? It would also be helpful to know what went into your
decision-making process.  Any help you can provide is most appreciated.

Marian P. Ellis
Manager, Research Intelligence and Information Management Services
(RI2MS)
Research Information Services
Mailstop: UN-101
(484) 344-5351

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.