Sender:
From:
Gerry McFatridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:13:26 -0500
This product (and others like it) will work to identify duplicate copies
of FILES. If, for instance, you have multiple copies of the same FILE
(tif, mp3, jpeg, pdf, whatever)it can identify those and flag them so
you can deal with them as you wish.

I believe the original question dealt with identifying duplicate
DOCUMENTS scanned into their system. Due to the nature of scanning it is
very unlikely that a document scanned by one scanner would be the same
on a byte-by-byte basis as the very same document scanned by a different
scanner. I'm not event positive that if you scanned the same document
twice while on the same scanner that the output files would be exactly
the same on a byte-by-byte basis (doubtful!!). Therefore the software
tool mentioned is not likely to work to identify the duplicate scanned
documents as duplicate files.

Gerry