Sender:
From:
Dean Sturtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:54:35 -0600
As an owner of a Records Management Company I recognize my larger
competitors in your statements and the truth of the historical storage
business model.

However, we do exactly the kind of services that you are talking about,
at no charge and in fact they are part of our regular, daily service.  I
believe there are many companies like us out there that are much smaller
than the gorillas in the industry, but much more responsive in servicing
a companies needs.

The kinds of services we offer our clients to help them manage the
records include but are not limited to:
1.	Web based access system to view the box and or file information.
2.	In addition to Barcode, Client Carton #, Department, Expiration
Date, From Date, To Date and Department we can offer up to 9 additional
reference fields that the client can name to help them track their
records.
3.	At the file level we can do the same thing.
4.	Access to this data base is managed by the client with varying
levels of ability.
5.	Training (in person and phone) and access is at no charge.  Our
thinking is that the more you do on the web, the easier your life and
ours will be.
6.	You can add new cartons/files for us to pick up directly through
the web
7.	You can track a carton/files historical access record to
determine who has been in it.
8.	Plus a number of other services that would be of value to any
records manager.

I am limiting this because I do not want to be a commercial.  We are not
CRM's and in fact have used the threads on the listserve to improve our
own education and understanding of what people like your selves need.

We also have clients that do exactly what you depict, a box number
aligns with our barcode, and their descriptions and detail stays in an
access or excel spreadsheet in their office.  This is a decision they
have made for their internal risk assessment, not a limitation of our
system or capabilities.  We love it when an entity has a person like
yourself that has that metadata detail for us.  With less than a
thousand CRM's in the world, we are fortunate to get to talk, much less
work with one or two.

Just to answer the question before it comes up, we use DHS Total Recall
out of Jacksonville Florida and have been very happy with its capability
and their response to our customizations.  We have been in business for
3 and 1/2 years and have over 160 clients, have a Firelock Vault: yes we
are disciples of Hugh Smith ;) and love this business and working with
our clients!!!

To sum up I believe there are many smaller companies like us that can
and want to do exactly the kinds of things that you would be looking
for!!!

An argument might be that a smaller company is more expensive in our
storage costs being smaller, and I would argue that if you sum up your
wish list for all these services that you want, and received a cost from
that big storage company, a company like us would be a very economical
buy.

A. Dean Sturtz
Vice President
Advantage Records Management & Storage
Phone: 319-363-2727
Cell: 319-533-3706
Fax: 319-363-4050
www.AdvantageRMS.com

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient
or the employee or agents responsible for delivering the communication,
you are hereby notified that any distribution or copying of the
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this communication
in error, please notify me immediately by telephone.  Thank you.