Sender:
From:
Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:03:41 -0500
John,

If you make a file read only this will not stop it from being read to make
a copy. The attributes of the copy will reflect the fact that the copy is
a new file.

All operating systems work like this from zOS Mainframes to Windows Cell
Phones. This is because it reflects the reality.

When I copy a PDF it changes the OS level creation date just like any
other file.

The same application level meta data is available in Office documents as
is availalbe under Adobe PDF. This should remain unchanged.

Gerard

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 00:47:36 -0500, John Phillips
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>George,
>
>Yes, the Microsoft Properties are a poor excuse for (controlled) metadata.
>In presentations I like to show the metadata properties for the
presentation
>that I am showing the audience - It usually says the date that I am
standing
>before them, because that is when I moved it to that machine, and also
says