Sender:
From:
"Carpenter, Laurie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:41:08 -0600
Julie - I was thinking about your IT director's dilemma and while this
may not be the long-term goal, this may work in the short term.
Sometimes the idea of "enterprise" workflow is a little too "big" of a
concept for companies to grasp. Have you considered instead picking one
or two areas where you can get a lot of ROI from a workflow and trying
to sell that to upper management and the board?

I can't remember what industry you work in, but sometimes companies
select an area like accounts payable or expense reports for automation
via workflow. This would include things like submitting
invoices/receipts, scanning, QA/QC, department approval, electronic
payment or check generation, etc. It can be pretty easy to show dramatic
drops in costs per payment via a workflow. From there, you can expand to
other areas that could benefit from using workflow features. It can be
almost a grassroots approach from users vs. a top down driven
initiative, where the vision comes project by project and expands from
there. In terms of licensing, you could expand licenses as the requests
for the workflow come in waves vs. all at once.

Opinions my own and not necessarily those of my employer.

Laurie Carpenter, CRM
Koch Industries, Inc.
Records Manager