Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:21:07 -0800
From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Seven years ago while establishing our in-house records center we had racks delivered to the facility.  These were palletized and delivered by semi; I rented a forklift to unload them.  I jumped on and operated it myself; did not know that there was such a thing as forklift training or a license.  Growing up in the country I had been around tractors and trucks all my life, and was operating them before I was knee high to a grasshopper.  The forklift worked very similar as a tractor with hydraulics and a three-point hitch.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 2/21/2007 8:59 AM >>>
In the same vein when I was with the State Library of Virginia I took the
forklift training even though I was senior management. Just in case I was
the only one available some weekend night to pull a needed file from 26 feet
up.

Robert F. Nawrocki CRM
Innovate and Infuriate
My opinions are my own and not my employers.