Sender:
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:47:24 -0700
From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
--- "Andrachek, Mark" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Any help with the physical disposition of the DASD unit once the data
> has been erased, reformatted, and overwritten.  We want to "kill" it,
> not reuse or sell.

Paging Mr. Whitaker... something needs killing. Bring deer slugs.

Seriously, what you may really want is a facility with a hammermill.
The can run those disk drives into that things and you'll get out a
small pile of scrap metal. You can check with local NAID members
http://www.naidonline.org/ to see if they can handle your disks.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."