Sender:
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:16:56 -0400
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
We've been celebrating since 1994, first as Records Management Day, then
Records Management Week, then Records and Information Management Week,
then Records and Information Management Month.  We hang posters
(purchased from ARMA), schedule educational sessions and RIM
presentations for all employees, and give appreciation gifts (usually
flowers) to our divisional records liaisons.  In the past we purchased
RIM week/month pins for the records liaisons to wear and put an
announcement on our intranet with a link to the ARMA International page
about RIM week/month.

This year I could not find the page to link to nor the pins, magnets,
etc. for RIM month and contacted ARMA HQ.  I received an e-mail saying
ARMA considers RIM awareness to be important all year long, not just for
one month and is de-emphasizing the "April Is RIM Month" phrase to the
outside world. Instead they are expanding RIM "month" awareness to be a
year round occurrence and now sell/publish promotional tools that make
no mention of April so they can be used year-round.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division