Sender:
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:52:27 -0500
I'm not sure which FileNet platform you're using (Image Manager, Content Services, or P-8), but a conversion into .pdf format should be something that can be accomplished at the time of "capture".  I'm not sure, though what capture software you may be using now.  As for the acceptance of / storage of .pdf format, that's not a problem for FileNet.  Almost all of the FileNet repositories will handle .pdf and other formats, although you might wish to check, if you were to decide to store in a .pdf-a format.  However, it doesn't sound like you're trying to do that.

As for .pdf v. .tiff, I have a particular bias..... perhaps others will disagree.  My bias & preference is for a .tif format, especially since it doesn't as readily allow for changes to be made to the image file by anyone who has a full adobe software capability.    Tiff readers are plentiful, some at no cost, so I'd not be overly concerned about how "readable" a .tif file might be.

As for any published literature, I'd recommend that you place a call to your support group.... whether it may be the IT group, right there in Baton Rouge, or whether it might be FileNet.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+