Sender:
From:
Chris Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:55:37 -0600
Good afternoon everyone,

I haven't posted to the list for a while, so another brief introduction:
my name is Chris Browne, and I am the corporate records manager for a
global semiconductor manufacturer.

My organization is currently exploring an Electronic Laboratory Notebook
(ELN) system to replace our current bound lab notebooks. I searched the
list archives for past discussions on ELN's to no avail. A Google search
produced several products. Is anyone here using any of these products in
a R&D environment? If so, would you be willing to share any successes or
failures you may have had? Do they meet the needs of your organization
in establishing invention dates for IP, and in your opinion does the
data hold up in court during an IP dispute? Our patent counsel is
particularly concerned about the ability to lock down entries once they
have been entered/saved.

Any thoughts you can share would be extremely valuable. As always, you
can reply off-line if you prefer.

Thanks,

Chris