Sender:
From:
"Allen, Toby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:22:28 -0800
Hello Records Gurus!
As a longtime lurker, I have posted only occasionally. Now the need
arises again and I am looking for some consideration of an issue all of
us are dealing with. Scanning,  and the law. We are considering a change
to our municipal code which will allow for the storage of scanned copies
of original paper.
Our current code reads,
 " records that are worn or damaged, may be copied by photostatic,
photographic, microphotographic, microfilm or other mechanical process
which produces a clear, accurate and permanent copy."
We are thinking of adding "or optical disk imaging system process" in
order to capture documents scanned into electronic records. Is it too
narrow a descriptor?
Any suggestions on simple, elegant wording for this?

Carpe Records from sunny Alaska,
Toby

Toby Allen
Records Management Supervisor