Sender:
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:53:42 -0400
From:
Gerry McFatridge <[log in to unmask]>
I can't tell you about "Best Practices" but I can tell you what we do
<grin>.

Basically our project files are separated in two main categories: CIP or
Developer and both are considered permanent records.

For CIP completed projects we get mylar record drawings which we either
scan into our document inmaging system or if we were able to get tiff's
from the design consultant (which is a standard requirement of our
design contracts nowadays) we just import those directly. Once the
project plans have been incoporated into our DIS the mylars are sent to
storage and retained permanently.

For Developer projects we are only able to obtain diazo paper copies of
approved plans. Those are scanned into our DIS and the paper is sent to
storage and retained permanently.

Both project categories will also have a marked up inspector's copy and
a marked up contractor's copy which are a diazo paper copy of the
approved plan. Those are scanned into our DIS and the paper is stored
with the respective project file and retained permanently.

Our standard plan sheet size is 24"X36" but we do have a few projects in
some other oddball sizes.

Gerry