Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:36:39 -0400
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Paul:
First, let me say I agree with your frustration with cancelled training.
It is counter-productive to go to the effort (sometimes very great
effort) to get attendance approved both by NARA (for non-government
folks) and by one's own internal approval tier, only to have the
training cancelled.  The training presented by NARA is generally geared
toward federal agencies, so many state and local government RIM
employees do not participate. Certainly, the private sector is not
actively participating unless they have federal contracts that require
adherence to federal RIM rules.

Low numbers of registrations could be caused by a number of things.
Congress has not yet passed the budget for the current Federal fiscal
year, so many agencies have cut back on budget - and in government the
first to be cut is travel and training (except for IT 8-) ).  State and
local governments also frequently face a budget crunch and RIM training
is rarely a priority.  Also, there are two major RIM oriented
conferences scheduled around the same time - AIIM in mid-April and MER
in May - so RIM folks have to choose where to spend whatever
travel/training monies are available to get the most for their buck.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division