Sender:
From:
Stephen Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:10:12 -0700
A general question for anyone who has experience with LiveLink and its
Construction Management module: Is the Construction Management module a
significant improvement beyond the basic functionality of LiveLink's
content management capabilities? My company recently purchased several
LiveLink modules but not the Construction Management. We are an
architecture design and construction firm currently using Primavera's P5
and Expedition, neither of which is compatible with LiveLink. As it
stands we will have all our records managed within LiveLink, except for
P5 and Expedition. Reports and schedules generated from Primavera will
then need to be converted to PDF and then saved into LiveLink as static
documents. It will also require those of us who use the Primavera
applications to maintain two file systems. One in LiveLink, and one for
Primavera with its own set of externally referenced files (Probably
copies made from LiveLink managed files).

With LiveLink getting rolled out over the next few months, it only seems
to make sense to switch from Primavera to LiveLink. Unless of course
LiveLink's module falls short in some critical way. Open Text's website
leaves much to the imagination with only high level information on what
it can do which mostly sounds like what the basic modules do already.
The only major difference I can tell is that the CM module has project
calendaring, which in itself would be a major benefit.

If anyone can provide me with their impressions of LiveLink's CM module,
and they're positive (or negative), I could then use your insights to
push for its acquisition (or not).

Thanks,

Stephen Cohen, MLIS
Document Controls Manager
MARNELL CONSULTING
222 Via Marnell Way
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
(702) 739-5765 Phone
(702) 739-2045 Fax
(203) 376-5535 Mobile

www.marnellcorrao.com

NOTICE: This message may contain information that is privileged and/or
confidential and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering it thereto, you may not disclose, use, disseminate,
distribute, copy, or take any action in reliance upon this message or
any attachments thereto in any way. If you receive this message in
error, please return it by forwarding the message and any attachments to
the sender.