Sender:
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 08:48:12 -0400
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
I agree.  Any good college text on Management Principles and Human
Resource Management will help.  Basic RIM principles (emphasis on
Management) are covered well in the Robek book, the Saffady book, and
the Penn/Pennix book.  For those who are interested, the new 2006 exam
outline and the updated bibliography can be accessed at:
https://db.icrm.org/crm/index.jsp?submit_menu=112
As the exam outline shows, quite a number of changes were made to the
exam parts.  The most changes are in Part 5 - Technology.

<I can't remember if we are still following the old cycle or have
already gone to the 24/7 type of exam taking model.>

This cycle started the new electronic testing process using Pearson VUE
testing centers throughout the world.  It is not 24/7, but the testing
days for Parts 1-5 have been expanded to a one week window (Part 6 is
still only 1 day of the cycle) and the registration deadline for the
exams has been considerably shortened.  There will be three cycles in
2007 increased from the old process of 2 cycles per year.  The ICRM
plans to go to four cycles per year in the near future.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division