Sender:
From:
Joanne Weyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 09:23:51 -0700
Good Morning,

I am shortly going to be identifying vital records for the organization
that I am working in.  We are just at the beginning stages of setting up
a Records Management system.  Here is my "dilemma".  I have done some
research to try and get a better idea of what constitutes a vital record
and in my travels have come across conflicting opinions. The majority of
sources that I've consulted have included things like accounts payable
and receivable files, client lists, payroll records; however other
sources I consulted have omitted these or have contradicted this.  I
understand that what constitutes a vital record may vary from
organization to organization, but I would like to know from list member
if they have included these in their vital records program?

My rationale for possibly including these are that after an "event" in
order to resume business you would need the legal documents i.e.
business license etc, and to stay in business you would need to have
monies coming in (receivables), know what your financial obligation are
(payables), and who your clients are.  In addition you would need to be
able to run key software and hardware systems i.e. accounting.  I know
there are other categories of records that I haven't mentioned but
wanted to get a general idea of what others are doing?

Thanks

Joanne E. Weyman

Document and Records Administrator

Plutonic Power Corporation

Suite 600-888 Dunsmuir Street

Vancouver, B.C. V6C 3K4

Tel:                     (604) 669-4999  Ext. 1022

Fax:                    (604) 682-3727

Toll Free:            (877) 669-4999

Email:                  [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

On track to becoming the pre-eminent supplier of "green electricity" in
British Columbia

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and its contents are strictly confidential and
only intended for the addressed entity(ies). If you receive this message
in error, please notify the sender at Plutonic Power Corporation
immediately and delete copies of the e-mail message and its contents
from your computer. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or dissemination is
strictly prohibited by Plutonic Power Corporation. Plutonic Power
Corporation does not accept liability or responsibility of any viruses
transmitted with an e-mail or the attached files. Thank you for your
co-operation.