Sender:
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 07:49:12 -0700
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
> Does an organization that has about 120 employees require a full time
> records manager? I know there can be a lot of "It depends on" but I was
> just
> wondering if there was some sort of rule of thumb based on the number of
> employees.

Wow, now THERE'S a loaded question!

Not necessarily do they NEED one full time, but as you said, there are a lot
of "it depends" issues involved.

How heavily regulated are they
Volume of records
Frequency of access
Turnaround time expected for access
Centrally stored or widely distributed
Contracted storage
Retention schedule in place
How mature is the RM Program
DO THEY HAVE an RM Program
Ratio of support staff to professional staff
Who would be doing the work otherwise
Availability of qualified Consultants when needed
Business continuity program in place

... the list goes on...

Larry
--