Sender:
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 14:12:25 -0700
From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Luke,

  Cheniere just expanded from a two floor arrangement to a new, five floor space.  We moved several departments over four weekends in April.

  It's good to move a company; my scanning operation grew immensely.  Colleagues were eager to give up the hassle of moving "all that awful paper" in favor of capturing in electronic format (ahhhhhh!) .   As long they could become records, I processed the several boxes of new document types that would magically appear each time I left my office and send it our offsite service bureau.

  Camp good times.  But, it's nice to know they trust me.

  We also pushed for a big destruction prior to the move--we don't have offsite storage yet (you don't need to when you're 90% electronic) and we didn't want to schlep the boxes from one site to another.

  A lot of man hours; coordination amongst many players; Blackberries; a packet of materials that included new desk set up, office security card forms, parking forms, and a welcome to the building--the Administration crew carried the task through to completion.  I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a positive attitude when you hit midnight on the third weekend, either.   It's the darkest hour.

  I think my favorite moment occurred when an executive assistant approached us (the moving coordinators) and asked why a particular item on her List of Things-to-be-Accomplished wasn't completed yet.  "After all," she said, "it's only number 65 on the list."

  So, I've ordered tshirts with "#65" on them.  That pretty much sums up the move.

  :-)

  Mimi Dionne

Mimi Dionne, CRM, CDIA+
Records Manager