Sender:
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 17:14:29 -0400
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 5/21/07, Greg Schildmeyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Thanks for the responses so far.  Let me clarify my request.
>
> I'm looking for a noun.  A name for the group of 8 boxes of records that:
> 1. are all in the same records series
> 2. closed in the same time period and hence have the same destruction date
> 3. are being stored in the storage facility together as a group.

I guess the private sector operates differently. Most CRC randomly
assign the boxes to individual slots. When I had an in-house records
center we would place boxes in the first available open slot. If we
needed to pull all 8 the system knew where they were. The same with
destruction. The destruction report would list these 8 boxes as well
as any other boxes with the same destruction date. yes you could run
an inventory report that says there are 8 boxes of FY06 Inspection
Records

But an unique name? not really sure one exists. nor one would need a name.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va