Sender:
From:
Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:25:02 -0700
Hi, Anne,
When I was hired at American Honda Motor Co., Inc. over 15 years ago, they
were in the same situation.  Except that the people in the department used
a different name than the "official" name on the organization chart
sometimes, and both changed frequently.  The cost center numbers did not
change as frequently, and each cost center had a manager who could name one
or more record coordinators.  So, I know the departments by their cost
center numbers, and my system "knows" them by their official names.  Next
time we upgrade, the system will know them by their official division
numbers, not by mine.  The difference - the official division number system
has another layer to provide a discrete number for each division.

After we change to the official numbering system, management of the
approval workflow can be automated.

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member - The Orange County Chapter of ARMA International
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's award-winning website at
ocarma.org
Larry Medina - "RM makes the rules; IT provides the tools".