Sender:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:57:17 -0400
From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Ginny:

Here is some information from the ARMA Web Site regarding a soon-to-be
published Guideline on this general topic. It is in the Standards
Development Section under Standards in Progress.

Also - Everyone should take a look at the new/refreshed ARMA Web Site, which
makes its debut this week.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM

Controlled Language in Records and Information

SDC Project Manager - Tod Chernikoff

This guideline will explore the advantages and disadvantages of using
controlled terminology in Records and Information Management (RIM) and
address the need to standardize terminology for understanding and use across
the enterprise.

go to final editing and publication. As a companion piece, a free brochure
entitled "Controlled Language in RIM Practice" was produced by this task
force and is available through ARMA International. (Updated: 05/22/2007)