Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 09:28:22 -0400
From:
Simon DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Peter,

Just to clarify I never stated that IT was too complex for RM
professionals. I said we could not, at least most of us, understand the
full complexity of IT issues. We don't walk in their shoes and they
don't walk in ours. We spend most of our time with RM issues and they
spend most of their time with IT issues. We gained experience and
received training in RM, meanwhile they gained experience and received
training in IT.

I did not read about a lot of professionals out there creating the
company retention schedule and at same time working on the application
architecture for the company.

So my point is that most of us will have a bias to the professions needs
that we feel more comfortable with and that the best person to oversee
both departments, the RM and IT, would be a independent third. In my
opinion the best person to lead both departments would be somebody with
a Business Administration/Management background who would make the
decision without any bias.

Instead of others, I am in no way or shape saying that one profession is
better or should be more respected than the other.

Simon De Witt

Tampa Bay Water scans all email for viruses,
worms, and inappropriate material and blocks email
deemed harmful or inappropriate. Email service is
provided to Tampa Bay Water users for business
purposes.