Sender:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:23:32 -0500
From:
Gary Grieme <[log in to unmask]>
<Please do not assume that your storage/destruction vendor shreds everything
prior to recycling/disposal, unless that is what the agreement is.>

I don't.  My question just dealt with materials we have asked the vendor to
shred:  after shredding can I assume they'll recycle the shredded material?
We have a "Going Green" committee gearing up to encourage our employees to
recycle.  (I think we recycle quite a bit already, but that's beside the
point.)  I was concerned some people may feel pressure to recycle instead of
shredding what should be shredded for confidentiality reasons, so
I recommended that the committee include in their communications something
like, "shredding counts as recycling."  I'll try to confirm with each new
vendor we use in the future, but I'm not always in the loop with vendors
that our regional offices use.

Thanks Tod!

--
Gary Grieme