Sender:
From:
Bridgette Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:56:30 -0400
Michelle,

Archives keep materials that have value in one or more of the following
categories:

1. Administrative

2. Legal

3. Historical

4. Fiscal

If the Archives your company deposits material to is the institution's
Archives, then the materials saved could be different from if the
materials were going to a private Archives. At the UCC Archives, we keep
many materials for administrative purposes that other Archives might not
save. Sometimes we do save a sample of materials just to show the types
of materials that were created / used / etc. In an institutional
archives, some things are saved because it is mandated.

In other words, there are more reasons why an archives would keep
materials than just historical.

I hope this helps!

Bridgette

Bridgette A. Kelly