Sender:
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:51:34 -0700
From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>

We are a Fortune 500 and this is pretty much the way we do it --- well,
at least it's planned this way since our program is new and we haven't
actually done an annual destruction yet. Other than monitoring for
Litigation Holds, the records due for destruction WILL be destroyed
unless a business unit can give good cause for them not being destroyed.
And "just in case" is not a good reason, it must be a specific legal or
operational need.

I, as the Director of the program, am the only one (with a backup
person) who authorizes destruction, so all points in the destruction
process funnel through me so that I can make sure the process is being
done consistently and being properly documented. Since it's only the
exceptions that require any real work, it's not too burdensome.

Nolene
Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes