Sender:
From:
"Nemchek, Lee R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:38:14 -0700
"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes
-- and ships -- and sealing wax --      Of cabbages -- and kings . . . "
I 've put this off as long as possible, but the time has finally come.
I've got happy and sad news both at the same time.  Sad because, after
22 truly stellar years at Morrison & Foerster LLP, I'm taking a leap of
faith and moving on to something new.  Happy because, as some of you may
already know, an opportunity came up that I felt was too good to pass
up.  I'm leaving the legal world and also leaving librarianship (for the
time being) for a corporate records management position with a global
institutional investment firm headquartered in Los Angeles.  Although
not a start-up company, it's a start-up position where I will be able to
develop a state-of-the-art records management program from the ground
up.  Very exciting stuff!
I've already said goodbye to my many, many friends and colleagues in the
legal records management and law librarianship communities.  I'm not
really leaving completely, though, as I plan to continue most of my
ongoing professional activities for the foreseeable future.  For all of
you in the wider world of corporate/institutional records management, I
look forward to continuing and strengthening my networking activities
with you via local meetings, national conferences and remotely through
our various listservs and discussion groups.  Best wishes to everyone
and I'll see you in Baltimore!

Effective 9/4/2007:
Lee R. Nemchek, MLS, CRM
Records Management
Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
333 S. Grand Avenue, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA   90071
Direct Dial:  (213) 830-6252
Direct Fax:  (213) 830-8504
Email:         [log in to unmask]

To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, Morrison & Foerster LLP informs you that, if any advice concerning one or more U.S. Federal tax issues is contained in this communication (including any attachments), such advice is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

For information about this legend, go to
http://www.mofo.com/Circular230.html

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged.  Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail @mofo.com, and delete the message.