Sender:
From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:57:53 -0700
I have just the opposite story.  Earlier this year my co-worker's husband was having a problem with a recurring rash on his scalp.  Tests for that showed that he had a metal plate in his head from a surgery done while he was in a coma 30+ years ago.  The doctor was long gone and the hospital said they kept records for only 10 years.  No one knew the plate was there and now they have no way of finding out why.  We were surprised that such information was not kept longer.  It seems to me that some types of medical information should be kept longer than the 7 or 10 year minimum.

Tim Barnard