Sender:
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:03:38 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On Nov 21, 2007 11:39 AM, Link, Gary M. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Good point made by Steve. But that doesn't stop records managers from contacting the media regarding these stories and offering our expertise.

We ie records managers (and archivists for that matter) should be
contacting the press when we read articles that impact our profession.
If a news website offers online comments then make a comment online.
Believe me they read them! be pleasant be polite and speak to the
errors in the story. The press is not omniscient, they make errors,
but they are willing to listen. If we don't speak up how will they
know where they are incorrect.

It is just like all the news stories blaming the customer for lost
computer tapes/records when it was the vendor who lost the items. How
many folks contacted the reporter directly pointing out the error?
come on fess up.

and as to where to find such stories well i've heard about this thing
called RAIN ;-)
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va