Sender:
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:52:46 -0700
From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Peter Kurilecz said:
"I use a company issued laptop and access the company intranet and
email via a VPN (virtual private network)
all company work is done on my company issued laptop. anything
personal is done on my own personal computer."

We have a similar system to that described by Peter. I don't have a company-issued computer, but all I can access from home is email (can't open attachments from home), the company intranet, and the payroll system (to approve time cards). Interestingly, our IT department has been given the task of figuring out ways to allow employees to work from home in the event of a pandemic as part of our bird flu planning.  I'm pretty sure that there will be no large scale distribution of computers, but I will let you know what comes out of this planning effort.

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood CO 80226-3127
Direct: 303-987-7091  Fax: 303-987-7088
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.lakewood.org
Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper is recycled.