Sender:
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:52:10 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On Feb 6, 2008 6:20 PM, Loomis, Nancy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are in the process of reviewing our current definition of "Vital
> Records" for our Records Management Program and would be interested in the
> verbiage used by others.
>
> better yet, pick up a copy of the ANSI/ARMA standard;
Vital Records: Identifying, Managing, and Recovering Business-Critical
Recordsfrom the ARMA bookstore

This American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard (ANSI/ARMA
5-2003) sets the requirements for establishing a vital records program. It
includes requirements for:

   - identifying and protecting vital records
   - assessing and analyzing their vulnerability
   - determining the impact of their loss on the organization

Prepared for the use and guidance of those charged with planning, surveying,
classifying, retaining, and protecting vital records, this publication also
includes salvage information for various media and sample records
classification chart, vital records schedule, and risk assessment site
survey. (It supercedes the 1993 Vital Records guideline, ARMA Catalog #
A4543.) ANSI/ARMA 5-2003 approved 03/17/03 English, 31 pages, 2003
http://shrinkster.com/ujl

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va