Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:52:42 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On Feb 12, 2008 12:42 AM, Janie Wait <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> OMG - Will the myths never end??? This type of article just makes my RM
> bones shake!!!! Please assure we are not not dooooomed.

folks! here's an idea. Why not sit down and compose a thoughtful letter to
the idea pointing out the errors of the article. Don't get sucked into the
minutiae, but keep it understandable to the layman.Trust me the letters
editor will select and print a few of them.

But remember there will always be folks who are the first adopters. the ones
who will go boldly where no one has gone before and the dangers be d*mned.
In other words we will always have these evangelizers out there saying that
technology is not good it is better than sliced bread. Unfortunately it is
our duty in life to rein in these folks and say "hold on a minute there wild
thang. did you consider...."

so drag out your quill pens and parchment, your ancient Royal manual
typewriter or your KayPro II and shoot a letter to the editor."

and to make life easy here is the information on how to do it

Letters to the Editor

Letters to the editor should only be sent to The Times, and not to other
publications. We do not publish open letters or third-party letters.

Letters for publication should be no longer than 150 words, must refer to an
article that has appeared within the last seven days, and must include the
writer's address and phone numbers. No attachments, please.

We regret we cannot return or acknowledge unpublished letters. Writers of
those letters selected for publication will be notified within a week.
Letters may be shortened for space requirements.

Send a letter to the editor by e-mailing
[log in to unmask]<../mail?view=cm&tf=0&ui=1&[log in to unmask]>or
faxing (212)556-3622.

You may also mail your letter to:

Letters to the Editor
The New York Times