Sender:
From:
"BURTON, JANET D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:16:53 -0400
I recently joined this Listserv and this is my first post.

At the present time, we do not have records management software.  I want
to find out, from a records management perspective, what other
corporations are doing (process) with business records in electronic and
paper form once an employee leaves the company for whatever
reason--retirement, voluntary or involuntary termination, etc.  We do
have some actions in place, but no official process has been established
for employees or managers to follow.

This is a broad question and I know there are other functions that are
involved such as Human Resources, IT, Security, Office Management, etc.
when a person terminates.  My issue relates to the management of records
in personal folders, shared or public drives, desktops, or paper
documents that remain in the office when a person leaves the company.

Janet Burton
Records & Information Management
Sunoco, Inc.
t: 215-977-6794
f: 866-888-6094

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended solely for the designated recipient and may contain privileged, proprietary or otherwise private information. Unauthorized use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any attachments.