Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:52:04 -0400
Sender:
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: More "Must Read" 2008 Cases - Part One in a Three Part Series
A Long blog posting that folks should enjoy reading. use this link
http://shrinkster.com/109x

to access the full blog posting as it is a really long one

pak

Sent to you by pakurilecz via Google Reader: More "Must Read" 2008
Cases - Part One in a Three Part Series via e-Discovery Team by Ralph
Losey on 7/13/08
This is the first of a three-part blog, and a follow-up to an earlier
essay, Online Reference and Thirty One More e-Discovery Cases. In this,
and the next two blogs, I will add thirty new case summaries and
analysis, in alphabetical order. This first blog covers the first ten
cases, A-G, from the first half of 2008. It is already pretty long at
4,698 words, and one Monty Python video on spam, which is why I am
breaking this up into three blogs of ten cases each. These are all
cases that I consider "must read" e-discovery cases for 2008. Of
course, if you want to "have a life" outside of e-discovery, you might
just settle for reading these summaries, and then come back and read
the full case later, if and when you need to.
These 30 new reviews are in addition to the twelve lengthy articles on
2008 cases that I have already posted:

- Qualcomm v. Broadcom.
- Johnson v. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc.
- R & R Sails, Inc., d/b/a Hobie Cat Co. v. Insurance Company of the
State of Pennsylvania.
- Victor Stanley, Inc. v. Creative Pipe, Inc.
- Texas v. City of Frisco.
- Petcou v. C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- Bro-Tech Corp. v. Thermax, Inc.
- Victory Intern. (USA) Inc. v. Perry Ellis Intern., Inc.
- ICU Medical, Inc. v. RyMed Technologies, Inc.
- Diabetes Centers of America, Inc. v. Healthpia America, Inc.
- United States v. O'Keefe.
- D'Onofrio v. SFX Sports Group, Inc.
The above twelve cases are, in my view, the most important decisions so
far in 2008, but the 30 others I will review today, and over the next
two weeks, are no slouches either. The truth is, there are tons of good
e-discovery cases this year, including many more that did not quite
make the cut here for one reason or another.

--
Peterk
Richmond, Va