Sender:
From:
"Phil anthi R. Koslowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:16:02 -0400
All,

First of all, many, many thanks to those of you who responded to my recent
posting on how to establish an RIM program within an institution that has
had little if any formal program in place. Your responses were so helpful. I
am constantly referring to them as I put my project plan together.

Now, for my question regarding the RIM profession:

I have been working in an information services related field for several
years that provides essential information that contributes to the bottom
line. However, my (and that of many other practitioners) frustrations are
that organizations usually place the position/department/function lower on
the organizational hierarchy chart than its importance would dictate and
more often than not there is a lack of autonomy in day to day and overall
operations. These and other factors contribute to a "status" problem (for
lack of a better word) that has plagued the profession since its inception,
despite the fact that more and more, an MILS is becoming a required
qualification.

Is this/has this been a problem in the RIM profession? If so, to what
degree?

Thanks very much in advance,

Phil Koslowski

  _____

Philanthi R. Koslowski

Administrative Support Services

Southern Connecticut State University

501 Crescent Street

New Haven, CT 06515

Phone:  203-392-6205

FAX:      203-392-5057

E-Mail:    <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]